The recent news that Valve is still working on a number of gamers might have Left 4 Dead fans hot under the collar, and Rainbow Six Siege’s current Outbreak event is going someway to fulfilling our squad-based co-op shooter fantasies.
Earthfall is already available on Steam early accses with a respectable 7/10 and over 140 ‘Mostly positive’ reviews from users, but today developers Holospark have announced that Earthfall will be coming to Xbox One this spring.
Earthfall challenges four players to team up online and fight against an invading otherworldly menace. Get your friends together and join the battle, equipping yourselves with a mix of modern and futuristic weaponry, portable barricades, mobile turrets, and maybe even turn the aliens’ technology against them!
We think players are going to be stunned by the game’s amazing 4K visuals, and will find themselves unable to tear themselves away from the cooperative sci-fi-themed gameplay
The trailer below shows a few interesting aspects, obviously it’s aliens you’ll be fending off and not zombies, but with barricades and gun ‘printers’ it looks like Earthfall will use established methods from titles like Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty: Zombies and even Gears of War’s horde mode.
Here’s a few more confirmed features you can expect to see in the coming months when Earthfall lands on Xbox One and (4K) Xbox One X.
- Co-operative Survival For up to Four Players – Team up with friends to survive the alien infestation. Robust multiplayer support and A.I. teammates stand ready to ensure a full team at any time regardless of available players
- Build Your Defenses – Strategically deploy barricades to block the enemy hordes and install turrets anywhere to create perfect alien killing zones
- Multiple Campaigns – Each campaign tells a story across several missions, allowing players to dive in and experience diverse settings and mission types across the Pacific Northwest
- Close Encounters of the Brutal Kind – Deadly aliens come in all shapes and sizes, from massive drone armies attacking in waves to towering behemoths spitting plasma, every experience is different, each time you play
- Battle Unpredictable Enemies – Earthfall features a dynamic spawn system providing a constant set of new challenges lurking behind every corner
- An Unfolding Story – Every campaign reveals new content and secrets behind the world of Earthfall and the cataclysmic alien invasion