We do have a soft spot for indie titles here at Xbox Sector, and for that reason we’re looking forward to the arrival of Skyling: Garden Defense on Xbox One next week, on April 19th, for US region gamers.
And at a price of just $4.99, why shouldn’t you give it a go? There is literally nothing to lose with this one – but thankfully it looks addictive and fun, as those of you who may have already played it on other platforms will testify to. Check out the Xbox One announcement trailer.
In Skyling: Garden Defense, players help a young girl named Bloom restore the elevated gardens of Skyling back into a lush utopia. Adorable blight monsters have ruined the land, and it’s up to Bloom to touch every square of the garden mazes and bring them back to life. Be careful, the monsters are still roaming around waiting to snatch young Bloom. Players must use their wits and utilize switches, gates and elevators to avoid capture. Sleepy garden cats also call these gardens home. Cats can be picked up and moved to hold down switches or block a monsters path. They don’t mind, they’ll sleep anywhere.
Developed as part of the ID@Xbox program, Skyling: Garden Defense is a unique take on some proven classic arcade mechanics. Borrowing intuitive, familiar game play from 1980’s best arcade classics helps make Skyling: Garden Defense easy to play, but difficult to master. However, as difficulty increases players never need to worry about getting stuck. After the first three introductory gardens, Skyling unlocks all levels for players to enjoy in any order they like. Having trouble finishing a certain level? Just move on to the next one and come back later. Never feel stuck, always have fun!
Skyling: Garden Defense Key Features
- Skyling: Garden Defense will appear in the Xbox Store (USA Region) April 19th
- The price is set at $4.99. Part of our ‘Less-Than-A-Latte’ pricing scheme.
- Availability in more countries will follow later this year.
- Contains 30 garden mazes to play.
- There are no ads or in-app purchases.
- Content is lighthearted and suitable for all ages.
- Scoring is based on collected items, monsters defeated and speed.
- Leaderboards and Achievements are available through Xbox Live.
- Never feel stuck, always have fun. Play the levels in any order you like.
- Yes, we know the title sounds like a tower defense game. Lesson learned.
Skyling: Garden Defense is the first release from Mighty Studios, LLC. A new indie game studio located in the Seattle area. We hope to bring you a review on release, so stick with Xbox Sector for that!