Wasteland 2 was a fantastic success. One of the most succesful crowdfunded video game projects to date, and delivering on the promise with a fantastic metacritic score of 87, there’s litle surprise that inXile Entertianment have once aain chosen the corwdfunding route for the newly announced Wasteland 3.
This time, Fig is the platform of choice, and there’s a hefty goal of raising well over $2 million.
Backer – Deals
- DEALS for FIG: Returning backers of all inXile projects will receive a $5 discount on rewards backing.
- FREE GAME: All fans backing within the first 48 hours will receive a free game, either the horror adventure game STASIS or the old school turn-based post-apocalyptic RPG UnderRail.
“If a platform like Fig had existed back when we kickstarted the Wasteland 2 campaign, investors would have been very happy,” said Brian Fargo, CEO, inXile Entertainment. “We want to take our Wasteland franchise to a darker and brutal post-apocalyptic setting that builds on the foundation of Wasteland 2. A game that is ambitious in reactivity and with new features like multi-player and the integration of vehicles into the world.”
Wasteland 3, continues shortly after the events of Wasteland 2 with the player starting off as the sole survivor of Team November, a RAnger dispatched to the icy Colorado wastes.
Colorado, is a land of buried secrets, lost technology, fearsome lunatics, deadly factions of which most, have never heard of the Desert Rangers.
- MULTI-PLAYER: Playable in single- and multiplayer experiences.
- COMBAT: Deep turn-based combat, evolving on Wasteland 2‘s strategic options and unique encounter design
- By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, Wasteland 3 evolves from Wasteland 2’s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- GAMEPLAY: For the first time, players can play by themselves or with friends in a story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer experience. Choices open up mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and tons of other content.
- RANGER BASE: Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- ENVIRONMENT: The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- STORYLINE: Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- PLATFORMS: Simultaneously releasing to Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.